What Makes You Happy?

Seeing a big, coloriful bouquet of balloons makes me happy. Is it called a bouquet when it's balloons? Or maybe it's just a bunch of balloons? Whatever it is, it makes me happy!


I started with the large balloon outline from Stampin' Ups Balloon Celebration set with some black ink - be sure to use a waterproof ink for this technique - and then stamped it repeatedly over the top of my card, masking as I went so as to have some balloons behind and some in front. 

Next I grabbed a bunch of Catherine Pooler inks from the Spa Collection and one from the Party Collection. Can you guess which one just by looking at the card and not peeking below to the supplies? And there are two neutral colors in there too.



I grabbled a large stamping block, smooshed on an ink color, spritzed it with some water and then using a waterbrush I started randomly coloring in the balloons. Once you color in one balloon be sure it's dry before you color the one beside it or your colors could run into each other. Ask me how I know that trick? 

Have you guessed which color is from the Party Collection yet? If you guessed Melon Ice then you are correct! LOVE that color. I used it on the balloon that's pretty much front and center and on the one in the bottom left corner.  

The 'orange/red' balloons are actually a mixture of two inks. I started with the Mandarin Spice, which is one of my favorites but I just wasn't feelin' it for the balloons. So I grabbed the Peppermint Scrub ink and added it over top and fell in love with the result!

Once it was all dry I ran it through my Big Shot using the Stitched Stackable Rectangule dies from Lawn Fawn. The balloon strings are hand drawn with a black marker. I decided on a one word sentiment that could be used for different occasions. The celebrate word from Penny Blacks Celebration Dies was perfect for it. I cut it out of some black card stock, added it to some craft foam and then using some liquid glue I adhered it to the card. 

The last thing to add was a little sparkle with a few sequins.

I'm playing along with the Tic Tac Toe challenge over at StampNation. I did a vertical row of 'embellish, color in and die cuts' for my card. To see all the options be sure to go to StampNation and check it out. 
StampNation members can click HERE to see the challenge.
You're not a member of StampNation yet? Click HERE to learn more and to join.

Here's a little sneak peek at the cards some of the Creative Team has made to inspire you in this challenge.




Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!



shopping list:
Celebrations dies (Penny Black), Stictched Stackable Rectangles (Lawn Fawn), craft foam (Michaels)

Comments