Lost Without You - TCC #88


Time for another awesome challenge over at The Card Concept and this weeks photo is another beauty! Such gorgeous colors! I was inspired by the soft blues and greens to make my clean and simple and a little layered card.



I did a little ink smooshing with some Catherine Pooler inks - Lime Rickey and Juniper Mist - onto a piece of watercolor card stock. I put some ink onto a plastic sheet, sprayed it with some water and then took it to the card stock - bouncing it around a bit then heat setting it. I did this a few times to build up some layers drying between each addition. I threw on a few splatters as well by picking up some of the watered down ink with a paintbrush and flicking it onto the card panel.




I used the Going Global stamp set from Stampin' Up (I thought it was still available but it's not - a good alternative would be the Going Far set from SU). I inked it up with some Juniper Mist and then stamped it front and center onto the panel then stamped it a second and third time without adding any more ink.

I made coordinating card stock by taking the Juniper Mist ink pad directly to some white card stock just around the edges. I added the card panel to the now coordinating card stock. The sentiment is from the same set, stamped with the Juniper Mist ink and added to the card panel with some craft foam. I wrapped some linen thread around it a few times, tied on a dollar store arrow that I found in my stash, scattered a few sequins around and added it the card base.


Check out the rest of the design teams cards HERE and I look forward to seeing your cards in the gallery!

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

shopping list:
stitched stackable rectangles (lawn fawn), craft foam (Michaels)

Comments

Kris in Alaska said…
I love this card! The colors and movement as well as the embellishments make it a perfect masculine card!
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Alaska :)